Based in Berlin
DYO is a mind-bending cooperative platformer for one or two players where you can hop between two halves of a split screen. Navigate two Minotaurs through a seemingly impassable maze and solve mind-bending puzzles. Each Minotaur is trapped in their half of the split screen – but only in a combined effort can they escape the cursed labyrinth.
DYO started out as a holiday project of four Game Design students. After a month, we had what we thought was a small "finished" game. (It looked a lot different back then.) Through our university we had the lucky opportunity to exhibit it at several events including the Gamescom in Cologne where the game got overwhelmingly positive feedback. So we decided to get back to working on it about half a year later. We've been working on it in our spare time since then.
- 1-2 player local co-op
- Merge and split your screens to manipulate the level around you
- No precision platforming. No enemies. No timers. Just you and your brains.
- 30 mind-bending puzzles and more to come!
- Built-in level editor allows players to easily create and share their own puzzles (will be available some time after initial release)
Release Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Deutscher Multimediapreis mb21 2017 'Sonderkategorie: Games' Winner" 2017
- "Deutscher Computerspielpreis 'Bestes Nachwuchskonzept' Winner" 2017
- "IGF 2017 'Best Student Game' Honorable mention" 2017
- "A MAZE. Berlin Official Selection" 2016
- "A MAZE. Berlin 'Human Human Machine' Award Nominee" 2016
- "Bit Bash Chicago Official Selection" 2016
- "In local multiplayer it’s a fun, innovative and challenging puzzler [...] in single player it can be a truly mind breaking experience!"
- Calum Fraser, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "einer der besten Beweise, dass Spielen eben auch nicht immer ein schon von weitem sichtbares hip! auf die Stirn geschrieben sein muss, damit sie das Medium voranbringen."
- Sonja Wild, Superlevel (German)
- "It’s a really cool idea"
- Joe Donnelly, Rock Paper Shotgun
About Team DYO
Some guys making a minotaur game.
More information on Team DYO, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Design, Programming, Level Design
Music, Sound, Game Design
Level Design, Game Design